Recreational Private Pilot License LAPL(A) training
The Recreational Private Pilot License LAPL (A) entitles to perform the duties of pilot-in-command of aircraft in non-commercial operations without remuneration. The LAPL(A) license holder is entitled to pilot single engine piston aircrafts or motogliders with MTOW 2000 kg or less, carrying maximum of 3 passengers to never exceed 4 people on board in total. It is new license type available only in EASA. The training consists of a theoretical and practical part. Each of them ends with a state exam.
Entry requirements for candidates:
- at least 17 years of age (candidates under 18 must have the consent of their parents or legal guardians to issue a license),
- valid at least class LAPL medical.
Organization of theoretical and practical training in our center is possible at any time, 365 days a year.
Theoretical training consists of 100 hours of lectures and exercises in correspondence mode, in the following subjects:
- Air law and air traffic control procedures,
- Human performance,
- Principles of flight,
- Operating procedures,
- Flight performance and planning,
- Aircraft general knowledge,
In our center, we focus on organizing theoretical training in the individual mode (thus trying to adapt to the candidate’s time capabilities). We organize stationary classes at the airport on business days and weekends. We offer our students the following types of training:
|Type of training:||Number of training hours:||Total cost (gross):|
|Correspondence course 14/86||14 hours of stationary training / 86 hours of self studying||2 214 PLN|
|Correspondence course 30/70||30 hours of stationary training / 70 hours of self studying||4 428 PLN|
1) The above prices include individual classes with the theoretical training instructor,
2) It is possible to organize training with a different proportion of stationary and self-training hours, according to the preferences of a given candidate.
Candidates who decide to undergo both theoretical and practical training in our center can additionally undergo training for LAPL (A) in a parallel system (i.e. theoretical training is carried out simultaneously with practical training).
After the theoretical training and internal examination completion, we issue a certificate authorizing the submission of an application for a state theoretical exam for the LAPL (A) license. The state examination consists of 9 subjects in the form of computer tests, and takes place at the Civil Aviation Office in Warsaw.
Our program assumes min. 30 hours of flight training on one of our aircraft. Each candidate is assigned to one leading instructor, responsible for the proper course of training. We fly from sunrise to sunset on all days of the week. We also train in winter, if weather conditions allow, keeping our aircraft airworthy 365 days a year. Apart from route flights, the training takes place at our own home airport equipped with an asphalt belt. Its location (military space controlled by MCTR Krzesiny) allows us, among others for practical training of all procedures functioning for controlled zones. We train on Cessna planes, very popular in the world, tested by generations of pilots, which due to their very durable construction are perfect for basic aviation training.
The practical training costs depend on the aircraft type chosen by the candidate:
|Aircraft type:||Hourly price (gross):|
|Cessna 152||751,20 PLN|
|Cessna 172||940,20 PLN|
1) It is possible to change the type of aircraft during practical training,
2) The price of practical training includes instructor, fuel and VAT.
3) At our airport we do not charge any additional fees for take-offs and landings,
4) Payment for practical training is usually made in a 10-hour cycle (“10 hours ahead”).
Duration of training – depends primarily on the candidate’s time capabilities. In aviation training, a very important element is to maintain the continuity of training in the air. Long and frequent breaks in practical training are not methodical and are reflected sooner or later on the skills achieved. In our opinion, to achieve the best effectiveness of basic training, meetings should take place 2-3 times a week, and the student’s daily fly time should be no more than 1.5 – 2 hours (above these values we begin to feel tired, directly responsible for reducing the training performance). Also we have to add additional time on ground for: theoretical preparation for the flight, rest breaks and clarification of all problems, and necessary discussions after the flight … The candidate’s “flying day” is therefore a block of 3-4 hours spent at the airport.
The practical exam for the LAPL (A) license may take place at our airport, after completing practical training and passing state theoretical examinations. The practical examination is conducted with a state examiner selected by the candidate and must last not less than 1.5 hours of flight. The cost of renting an airplane for the exam is covered by the candidate. After successfully passing it, you must submit an application to the aviation supervision authority for a license.
Additional costs associated with obtaining a LAPL (A) license in Poland are:
1) medical examinations: the price depends on the current rates of aero-medical centers (cost varies from 400 to 1500 PLN),
2) the cost of theoretical examinations at ULC in Warsaw: 359 PLN,
3) the cost of the practical exam (payment for the ULC account): PLN 952,
4) the cost of obtaining the Radio Operator’s Certificate (payment on the account of the Office of Electronic Communications): 25 PLN,
5) cost of issuing a LAPL (A) license by ULC in Poland: PLN 74,
6) cost of renting an airplane for the LAPL (A) license exam.
LAPL (A) license holders may upgrade their licenses to PPL (A) after obtaining 15 FH on aircrafts while holding LAPL (A) license, whereof at least 10 FH must be passed as a part of training at ATO.
All those interested in taking flight training are invited to our personal arrival at our airport for a meeting where we will have the opportunity to talk about learning to fly, presentation of our center, fleet, airport and clarify any doubts. Please contact the Żerniki airport office in advance. We also organize familiarization flights with the preceding theoretical lecture, aimed at demonstrating training in practice to a future student – pilot.